Thursday, October 6, 2011

Well, here it is!


As I sit here and ponder exactly how I should start the first paragraph of my new secular blog, I wonder what precisely it is my readers would like to get out of it. I’ll admit it -- I’m slightly stumped. Should I talk about my life, the people I meet, science, or the redundancies of society? Perhaps the hypocrisy which lies in some of these aspects? The things I think are interesting may not have the same appeal to others – so just accept that I will do my best.

Why am I even doing this?


My inspiration lies in how dull and irrevocably difficult it is to read some of these secular blogs built upon ridiculous mounds of… nothing. And I don’t want this one to be similar in that way, wherein people only read what I have to say for the fact that I am both an atheist and a female. In most cases, it is generally easier for me to espouse my thoughts and ideas through text than via means of actually speaking. I find in most cases, my thoughts are slightly cloudy and incoherent to even me. This way, I can build upon topics I enjoy with a pause for thought.

Who am I?

I’m a biology student, engulfed by my fascination with life, whilst envisioning a brighter future for all inhabitants of this earth (including Christians). In any case, if any errors are found, please feel free to correct them.

Stay tuned. :)

2 comments:

  1. One topic to explore is how some cling simply to belief, while others choose to challenge beliefs and assumptions and pursue knowledge instead.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good point, Geoff. With the excess amounts of available knowledge, people still tend to reject mounds of evidence for the sake of their beloved myths. I'll see what I can cook up at a future date.

    ReplyDelete